Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Easiest Crock-Pot Chicken

As a college student who's always short on time, my biggest cooking challenge is finding recipes that are easy, quick, AND healthy!  When my mom gave me her old crock-pot at the beginning of this school year, my whole world changed.  But seriously, there is nothing better than being able to throw together a bunch of ingredients and come back later with a warm meal prepared.  This crock pot chicken was one of the first recipes I tried and it is so, so simple and delicious.  



I made this crock-pot shredded chicken by pulling inspiration from these two recipes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK348jIqxlo

Since I'm cooking for one, here are the portions I use:

Ingredients
3 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
20 oz. salsa, not quite a whole 24oz jar of medium salsa
2 tbsp taco seasoning, or 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
Directions
1. Place chicken breasts inside crock-pot and top with taco seasoning and salsa.
2. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
3. Remove chicken from crock-pot and shred with forks.
4. Return chicken to crock-pot and cook for at least one more hour to soak up all the flavor.
5. Serve warm on top of a taco or taco salad.  Enjoy! 


QUICK TIP: Use a slow cooker liner (pictured above) to seriously cut down on cleanup time!


I made these shredded chicken tacos for Super-Bowl Sunday.  Against my better judgment, I decided to give the new Old El Paso Taco Boats a try.  The verdict? Instead of everything falling out of the back of your taco (which apparently was an issue before?), all the ingredients just squeeze out of the top now.  I would pass on these next time I'm craving a good tortilla.

Please let me know if you give this a try and what you think!  Hope everyone has an awesome week!
Til next time! -M

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I am definitely going to try this out! Thank you for the recommendation! I also never knew there was such a thing as a Crock Pot liner. That makes so much sense!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss!! They are lifesavers, especially if your crock pot doesn't have a removable insert. Hope you like the recipe :)

      Delete